The Pacific Northwest is a beautiful, mysterious place that captures the heart of anyone who visits! (At least for us it does!)
It’s got everything from snow-capped mountains to oceanfront to endless evergreen forests to explore.
Since we get lots of emails from people planning trips out here, we were inspired to create a PNW packing list for anyone who was coming to the Pacific Northwest.
This list is for urban adventurers who want to explore in and out of the city. Enjoy!
*Note* This post contains affiliate links so we can keep this blog running. But as always, all opinions are completely our own!
Need some places to check out in the Pacific Northwest? Check out these posts below!
- An Amazing Trip Down The Pacific Coast Highway
- Amazing Adventures To Take In The Pacific Northwest
- Take A Road Trip Around The Olympic Peninsula
- Beatiful Olympic Peninsula Locations
- Best Photography Locations In The Washington State
The Complete Pacific Northwest Packing List
Bags To Bring To The Pacific Northwest:
When choosing a bag for your Pacific Northwest adventure, consider one with lots of pockets, lightweight, and a little rugged. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite backpacks in this post and the best ones also include being waterproof!
If you planning on packing in a carry-on only to travel to the Pacific Northwest, note that most airlines will take up to a 45L bag. Consider those requirements when deciding to fly!
Pacific Northwest Clothing
When packing for the Pacific Northwest, preparation for the elements is key.
No matter what time of year, always pack a raincoat (see our favorites in this post), some study hiking boots, and lots of layers!
Read More PNW Style Posts Here:
- 40 Things To Pack For Winter In The PNW
- 7 Fall Jackets To Wear In The Pacific Northwest
- 5 Things To Bring To The Washington Coast
- 10 Hiking Essentials for The PNW
- Our Favorite Rain Jackets Roundup
Here is our list of essentials to bring on your PNW adventure:
- Raincoat and rain boots (See our favorites raincoats for the PNW)
- 1 winter coat (similar one I own here)
- 2 pairs of jeans (I prefer 1 dark wash, one black)
- 3 warm layers (favorites: this sweater, this thermal, and this vest)
- 2 plain tees and one long sleeve (favorites: gap tees and tops)
- Walking shoes and dressy boots (favorites: booties and men’s boots)
- Warm socks
- 1 pair of pajamas
This is a simple list, but it’s important to remember chargers and lots of memory cards too.
The Pacific Northwest is a gorgeous corner of the the world, and you’ll definitely be taking lots of photos!
- Camera + extra memory cards
- All chargers (bonus: cord organizer)
Pacific Northwest Extras
- Toiletries (squeezable travel bottles and mini cosmetic containers)
- Hair products
- Hats (total favorites: krochet kids)
- Gloves or mittens
- Blanket scarf (favorites: here)
Did we miss anything? What would you list on your PNW packing list? Comment below!
Want to see more packing list ideas? Check out our Packing List Pinterest board for more resources!
Thanks for reading!
Want to find the best places in the PNW?
Stop searching through internet noise and download our curated list just for you.
Enter your email below and we'll send you your PNW Bucket List!