Got an adventure ahead of you and need something to spice up those long hours in the car?
Keep reading to learn more about our favorite Pacific Northwest podcasts, where to listen, and see which regional stories pique your interest!
Want more ideas? Here are some more of our favorite podcasts for a road trip!
The Best Pacific Northwest Podcasts To Listen To On Your Next Drive
1. National Park After Dark
Hosted by two best buds, Danielle LaRock and Cassandra Yahnian, National Park After Dark is the perfect mixture of American history, wilderness tales, horror, and adventure.
Available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, National Park After Dark shares unique stories about America’s national parks and the mysteries that they hold.
If you’re a true crime enthusiast AND love the outdoors, this podcast is for you!
NPAD episodes about the PNW:
- 54: “The Graveyard of the Pacific. Pacific Rim National Park.”
- 42: “Escaping the Flames. Idaho Panhandle National Forests.”
- 27: “The Man Who Went Down With His Mountain: The Eruption of Mount St Helens”
- 10: “Bodies in Water. Olympic National Park.”
- 6: “The Great Tragedy. Mount Rainier National Park.”
2. Peak Northwest
In Peak Northwest, hosts Jamie Hale and Vickie Connor take you on an audio adventure to places all around the Pacific Northwest!
In a typical Peak Northwest episode, you’ll hear the hosts share dozens of alluring places to visit in the PNW, outdoor tips and tricks, and stories about Oregon (where they are based!).
Peak Northwest is available on all the main streaming platforms, like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Acast!
Peak Northwest episodes about the PNW:
- August 18, 2022: “How Oregon’s state parks went from afterthoughts to icons in 100 years”
- June 9, 2022: “The McKenzie River Trail is a gateway to scenic beauty”
- March 17, 2022: “Do go chasing waterfalls…along Oregon’s southern Coast Range”
3. Exploring Washington State Podcast
One of the most diverse Pacific Northwest podcasts that tells amazing stories about Washington State is Exploring Washington State Podcast, hosted by Scott Cowan.
This is one of the best Washington State podcasts for those interested in music, humanities, business, creativity, athletics, sports, food, and drink…it has it all!
Listen on the Exploring Washington State Podcast website, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify!
Some of our favorite Exploring Washington State Podcast episodes:
- September 12, 2022: “Smalltown Strings”
- September 1, 2022: “Radical Roots”
- July 21, 2022: “Seattle SeaWolves”
- February 2, 2022: “Erika Klimecky: Multifaceted Hiker, Photographer, Climber, Author, and Problem Solver. Not a Cog!”
Available on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify, the hosts of Tanis explore the nature of truth, conspiracy, and information.
If you love mystery and asking questions (but maybe not always getting answers!) you should definitely put Tanis on your queue!
Tanis episodes about the PNW:
- 112: “The Map”
- 110: “The Grackles”
- 109: “A Man, a Milkshake, and a Serial Murderer”
- 108: “Raywood, Washington: Population One”
5. The Black Tapes
Do you believe in ghosts? Spirits? The supernatural? Paranormal activity?
If those things are of any interest to you, check out the engaging Pacific Northwest podcast hosted by Alex Reagan, The Black Tapes.
This show is available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
The Black Tapes episodes about the PNW:
- July 19, 2016: “Welcome to the Machine”
- July 5, 2016: “The Brothers of the Mount” (Seattle)
Love spooky stories? Read more here about haunted places in Oregon, and haunted places in Washington.
6. Power of Place
Hosted by Edward Krigsman, the Power of Place is a storytelling podcast that explores special places in the PNW.
The Power of Place celebrates and shares the stories of those who care for these places, giving listeners insight into the beauty of humanity.
Power of Place episodes about the PNW:
- 29: “Once Upon a Blue Moon – Timothy Dooley”
- 26: “Crafting Heavens of Earth – Richard Hartlage of Land Morphology”
- 24: “Epiphany Atop Mt. Rainier – Nick Bratton of Forterra”
7. Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart
In a typical episode on Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart, you can expect the host, Taylor Hart, will roll a blunt and interview a guest from the PNW.
This Pacific Northwest podcast values uplifting the voices of entrepreneurs, focusing on the voices of Black and Indigenous people of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ communities.
If you can also expect anything on Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart, it’s open honesty, humor, candid conversation, and (of course) being blunt!
Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart episodes about the PNW:
- 25: “Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart Ep 25 Ft. Chef Curry (@chefcurry206)”
- 7: “Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart Ep 7 Ft. Yohiness (@yohinessj)”
- 5: “Blunt Talk with Taylor Hart Ep 5 Ft. Jazmyn of Blk Wins (@blkwins)”
8. Live Pacific Northwest
In Live Pacific Northwest, Matt Brown, a small business owner, real estate broker, and family guy, shares lifestyle advice, drink recipes, business tips, and more!
You can listen to Live Pacific Northwest on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Live Pacific Northwest episodes about the PNW:
- 6: “Embrace Your Commute”
- 5: “Your Home is Your Base Camp”
- 3: “The Ridiculousness of Starting a Business From Scratch”
9. Beat Check with the Oregonian
In Beat Check with the Oregonian, host Andrew Theen interviews journalists to get the latest and biggest news stories in the Pacific Northwest.
You can find Beat Check with the Oregonian on Apple Podcasts, Acast, Spotify, Stitcher, and more!
Beat Check with the Oregonian is one of the best Oregon podcasts for those who are deep thinkers, love learning, or enjoy keeping up with Oregon news!
Beat Check with the Oregonian episodes about the PNW:
- August 29, 2022: “Portland’s beer scene keeps growing, evolving”
- May 16, 2022: “Portland author Shawn Levy on the queens of stand-up comedy”
- April 25, 2022: “How Beaverton became a food and drink destination”
- January 31, 2022: “Why Lake Albert Matters”
10. Timber Wars
The Timber Wars podcast, hosted by Aaron Scott, tells the story of how conflict shaped the Pacific Northwest (and the whole nation) and how we’re still dealing with it.
History, storytelling, and scientific knowledge make Timber Wars an innovative podcast meant for all listeners.
If you’re interested in learning more about the natural world around you and the humanitarianies involvement in it, this Pacific Northwest podcast is for you!
Timber Wars episodes about the PNW:
- 10: “How to Save a Planet”
- 7: “A Way Forward”
- 3: “The Owl”
11. Dirt – An Audio Drama
Have the itch for a good mystery? Dirt – An Audio Drama is just the thing for you!
Listen from the beginning, or jump right in to hear all about Washington State and what (fictional) mysteries it has to offer.
You can subscribe to Dirt – An Audio Drama on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Amazon Music.
Dirt – An Audio Drama episodes about the PNW:
- Ch 1: “Are You Bracing Yourself?”
- Ch 2: “You’re Supposed to Keep a Low Profile”
12. Pacific Northwest Coffee and Conversation
Pacific Northwest Coffee and Conversation uplifts the stories of community leaders who both fight hate and advance social justice and equity in the Pacific Northwest.
Every other week, Pacific Northwest Coffee and Conversation shares a new podcast episode to inspire meaningful change not only in the PNW, but in your communities as well.
Grab yourself a cup of joe and get listening to this insightful PNW podcast that will surely get the gears going.
Pacific Northwest Coffee and Conversation episodes about the PNW:
- 12: “Fighting for Native Rights, ft. Heather Kendall-Miller”
- 7: “Breaking Barriers w/WA Sen. T’wina Nobles”
- 2: “Making Digital Spaces Safer w/Courtney Gregoire, Microsoft”
13. Legends & Tales of the Pacific Northwest
Legends & Tales of the Pacific Northwest takes a deep dive into the unknown of the PNW.
Quirky, dark, and mysterious, this podcast fills you in on “everything your history teacher forgot to tell you.”
Legends & Tales of the Pacific Northwest is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Audible.
Legends & Tales of the Pacific Northwest episodes about the PNW:
- S2E1: “Billy Gohl: The Ghoul of Grays Harbor I In Gohl We Trust”
- S1E3: “Ghosts and Shadows of Leavenworth I Buried Alive”
Read more thrilling adventures: 21 Haunted Hikes In The Pacific Northwest
14. Caching in the Northwest
For all the adventurers and treasure hunters out there, Caching in the Northwest is the best Pacific Northwest podcast for you!
From its inception in 2014, the humorous hosts of Caching in the Northwest share all about geocaching around the globe while on their own adventures in the PNW.
Caching in the Northwest episodes about the PNW:
- 471: “Geocaching month – let’s make it a thing!”
- 465: “JTCoffee’s Top PNW Picks”
15. Weather with Cliff Mass
Weather with Cliff Mass is a podcast where host and atmospheric scientist Cliff Mass speaks about current Pacific Northwest weather and other related weather topics!
Here, you’ll get all of the latest information on local weather and news, and even some interesting tidbits about the Pacific Northwest!
Weather with Cliff Mass episodes about the PNW:
- September 9, 2022: “Smoke Forecast Over Western Washington, Wildfire Threats, and the 3D Nature of Northwest Smoke”
- August 19, 2022: “What Controls Northwest Humidity and a Pleasant Weekend Ahead”
- July 1, 2022: “The July 4th Forecast and The Secret Sauce for Northwest Thunderstorms”
Gather all the info: Read fun facts about Washington State, and the best fun facts about Oregon.
16. Missing in the PNW
Located on all major podcast platforms, Missing in the PNW is hosted by Carmita Thompson.
Missing in the PNW shares the mystique of the Pacific Northwest while bringing awareness to those gone missing in the area.
If you like to stay up on the news in the PNW or love true crime, this Pacific Northwest podcast is for you.
Missing in the PNW episodes about the PNW:
- August 31, 2022: “Alfonso Cotton and Roland Anderson”
- January 26, 2022: “Janice Marie Hannigan”
What are some other Pacific Northwest podcasts you enjoy? Let us know in the comments below!