Berty and I recently returned from a lightning fast weekend in Paris.
Berty was on a photography assignment, shooting an elopement in the city. When he wasn’t busy with his work, we ran around exploring as much of the city as we could.
Paris is such a culturally rich and beautiful place!
Knowing we had limited time, we decided to hit the main attractions so that on our next visit to Paris, we could take it slower and enjoy the little neighborhoods and smaller pleasures of the city.
When it came to packing, we both agreed that we would bring the essentials and nothing more.
We didn’t want to waste our time in baggage claim or even risk losing precious camera equipment. Berty and I wanted to spend maximum time enjoying Paris, and minimal time dragging suitcases down its cobblestone streets!
Read More: The Essentials For Carry On Only Travel
Weekend in Paris: A Packing List
- 2 pairs of jeans (Black Paige Denim and Madewell skinny)
- 3 tops in the same color scheme (1 striped tee, one plain white, long sleeve black shirt.)
- 2 layering items (gap denim chambray and Patagonia vest)
- 1 warm coat (like this parka)
- socks + underwear
- 2 winter hats
Read More: 10 Best Instagram Spots In Paris, France
- 3 pairs of pants (Paige Denim here and here)
- 3 t-shirts
- 1 sweater
- 1 Northface puffer coat
- 1 Sherpa Jacket
- 2 hats (beanie and cap)
- 1 pair of fingerless gloves
- socks + underwear
Read More: Our 20+ Favorite Carry-On Bags For Travelers
- We each brought 1 extra pair of shoes
- Makeup, toothbrushes, and toothpaste
- PacSafe Daypack
- Berty’s photography gear (See our full travel photography gear list here!)
We purposely packed super small because we wanted to spend as much time in the city as possible. (And not lugging around giant suitcases)
I was so glad we packed only carry-ons! If you’re interested, we’ve made a blog post on how to pack in a carry-on only, if you want to travel light too!
Where have you gone only packing a carry-on? Did you regret it? Or was it just the right amount of gear? Tell us in the comments!
Thanks so much for reading!
READ MORE TRAVEL TIPS
READ MORE PACKING LISTS