If you’re like Berty and I, we surround ourselves with company who love the outdoors. We spend a lot of our time in tents, on the road, or hiking a new trail chatting about life and getting to know one another. We like to think that spending time outside is how we make some of our best friends! When it comes to giving gifts, we look for items that will enhance their experience in nature. This could be as simple as keeping warm with a hat, or as relaxing as a hammock to enjoy on a journey. If you’re looking for the perfect outdoor gifts, read on for awesome (and budget-friendly!) suggestions!
Outdoor Gifts For The Adventure Lover
(All Under $50!)
Before we begin, here’s where we’ve been looking for outdoor gifts (we’ve linked these in our last gift post too):
Find top brands like Patagonia, The North Face, and Fjallraven. You can also shop by activity – some of our favorites are hiking + camping and of course, travel. Here, you can find tons of outdoors brands for discounted prices.
For stylish options like suitcases, bags, and travel oddities, you can find them at Nordstrom. We like to buy here because of their quick shipping and easy returns. They also carry many different quality brands, so we can do most of our shopping in one place!
1. Black Adventure Hat: For those picture perfect instagram moments, don’t forget to bring along an equally picture perfect hat!
2. Spyder Fleece Glove Liner: Sometimes you just want to keep your hands warm without all the bulk. Use these gloves for easy handling (touch screen friendly!) and then layer up later when you’re ready for more intense adventures.
3. Smartwool Neck Gaiter: Keep the cold wind out for good with this essential layer.
4. North Face Pom Knit Cap: No snowy day is complete without a cozy cap! This kind comes in black and ivory, perfect for mixing and matching with any outfit.
1. Kamik Short Snow Boot: Fleeced-lined and weather-sealed, this boot is perfect for both city and country snow adventures!
2. Merino Wool Hiking Socks: These socks are perfect for thru-hikers, backpackers, and tough adventurers. Make sure to buy at least two pairs to bring on your next trip!
3. North Face Traction Slippers: I’ve got my eye on these to wear at a snowy cabin (like Tye Haus!) or anywhere that I need to go in and out of the house often. These slippers keep your feet cozy and also provide traction for bringing in the newspaper on those cold winter days.
4. Teva Sandals: Easy summer shoes for everyday wear, especially at the camp site! I’ve loved this style so much I’ve gone through two pairs already! Comes in tons of colors and styles to fit your lifestyle.
The Nomadik Box Subscription
The Nomadik is a must-have outdoor gift subscription box for your favorite adventurer (and let’s be honest, that could be you too, haha). Every month they send you a new box with tons of new gear inside, inclusive with a challenge card to use your new gear outside in a fun and exciting way.
Brands they collaborate with include Rumpl, Power Practical, LifeStraw, Outside Magazine and more. Every month they will send you a box with 3-5 pieces of specialized gear for you to take out on your next adventure. You can click here and type in the discount code HOLIDAY2017 to get 10% off and free shipping for your first box!
For The Campsite
1. Kuju Drip Coffee Pouch: Easy to use and even easier to drink, this portable cup of joe is exactly what Berty and I crave on the trail. We actually wrote a blog post about coffee on the road here! This pouch fits on any size mug – all you need is hot water!
2. Camp Chef 5-Piece Set: For the outdoorsman/woman who doesn’t compromise taste, this cooking set is a must-have. Create delicious meals anywhere in the world and store it in the durable roll-up carrying case that’s included.
3. Petzl Headlamp: This multi-beam headlamp is essential for early morning sunrise hikes. Comes with settings like wide, focused, and red lighting to fit any situation.
4. Snow Peak Kettle Cooker: If you only bring one pot on your camping trip, take this one. It’s pointed spout makes for easy pouring and it can hold up to 30 fluid ounces!
What are some outdoor gifts you are giving to someone this holiday season? Let us know in the comments below!
MORE CAMPING POSTS
Follow our Pinterest Boards for even more outdoor gifts inspiration!
Want to find the best places in the PNW?
Stop searching through internet noise and download our curated list just for you.
Enter your email below and we'll send you your PNW Bucket List!