Hello and thank you for your interest in our current internships. We’re excited to hear from you to see if you’ll be a good fit for our team.
Please read the current openings below.
How To Submit Your Application:
- Please share a brief description of yourself, and why you think you’d be a good fit for our internship.
- Read internship requirements, share any work or experience required.
- Send finished application and updated resume to Emily [at] themandagies [dot] com
1. Social Media Marketing Intern
The Mandagies Social Media Coordinator Intern is an enthusiastic communicator with creative writing skills and knowledge of a multitude of social media platforms and web publishing tools.
Candidate must be a disciplined and creative self-starter who can manage multiple projects at once with experience in various social media platforms/channels including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and more.
This internship is of a fixed duration – to be specified and established before the beginning of the internship. We are committed to following the Unpaid Internships requirements under the FLSA.
Are you looking to gain experience on becoming a competitive Social Media Marketing Coordinator? Here’s what you can expect from an intership with us:
- First-hand experience learning social media marketing for a travel brand (Berty Mandagie Photography LLC)
- One-on-one mentorship with Berty and Emily Mandagie, available for your questions and professional growth experience.
- Training in social media marketing, scheduling, and time management, to be used in all different types of fields.
- Connections with outdoor industry brands, PR agencies, and other related communities.
- Growth and confidence in managing multiple ongoing projects. Weekly assignments, with a gradual increase in more opportunities and challenges in assisting with multiple accounts.
- Acquiring knowledge of social management + communication tools like Buffer, Convertkit, Tailwind, and more.
- Develop, implement and execute a social media strategy.
- Act as a complementary voice of The Mandagies’s brand across social media communities which will include, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Communicate with everyday social media comments, messages, and inquiries alongside Berty and Emily Mandagie.
- Measure and report the growth and engagement of social media initiatives/strategies and be able to bring their own suggestions and ideas to the table.
- Help to develop compelling content and calendars for social channels including the development of blog content, including following seasonal travel trends, and sharing trending travel topics.
- Study opportunities and share trends with the team as the social media and business landscape/goals evolve/change.
- A strong desire for the applicant to be located in Spokane, Washington but willing to consider other qualified applicants.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree or have experience in marketing, advertising, communications, or business.
- Experience in posting to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms in a professional setting. (Please share social handles, and link your best examples)
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work efficiently and provide high-quality content while meeting all required deadlines.
- Ability to self-direct daily responsibilities
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication with an external audience as well as within The Mandagies team.
- Experience in the outdoor space
You will report weekly (or more) to Berty and Emily Mandagie in person, via email, phone, and/or Skype calls.
This job operates online, with in-person meetings at our home office. This role requires the use of a computer, internet, and a smartphone to complete duties.
It will be the responsibility of the intern to set up their own working environment, with the ability to work from home or wherever they choose.
While performing the duties of this internship, the Intern is regularly required to talk or hear. The Intern very frequently is required to type on a keyboard; read small print, handle smartphones, and sit for long periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- College Credit (TBD)
- 10-15 hours/week (average 2-3 hours per day during a school week)
- Flexible days and hours (time of day dependent on fitting academic schedule)
2. Video Intern
Want to find the best places in the PNW?
Stop searching through internet noise and download our curated list just for you.
Enter your email below and we'll send you your PNW Bucket List!