Berty and I recently returned from a lightning fast weekend in Paris. Berty was on a photography assignment, shooting an elopement in the city. When he wasn’t busy with his work, we ran around exploring as much of the city as we could. Paris is such a culturally rich and beautiful place! Knowing we had limited time, we decided to hit the main attractions so that on our next visit to Paris, we could take it slower and enjoy the little neighborhoods and smaller pleasures of the city.
When it came to packing, we both agreed that we would bring the essentials and nothing more. We didn’t want to waste our time in baggage claim or even risk losing precious camera equipment. Berty and I wanted to spend maximum time enjoying Paris, and minimal time dragging suitcases down its cobblestone streets!
Weekend in Paris: A Packing List
- 2 pairs of jeans (BDG black skinny and Madewell skinny)
- 3 tops (same color scheme)
- 2 layering items (gap denim chambray and Patagonia puffer vest)
- 1 coat (similar one here)
- socks + underwear
- 2 winter hats
- 3 pairs of pants (Paige Denim here and here)
- 3 t-shirts
- 1 sweater
- 1 Northface puffer coat
- 2 hats
- 1 pair of fingerless gloves
- socks + underwear
- We each brought 1 extra pair of shoes
- Makeup, toothbrushes, and toothpaste
- PacSafe Daypack (which I will make another blog post about in the future, I love this bag so much!)
- Berty’s photography gear (obviously)
We purposely packed super small because we wanted to spend as much time in the city as possible. (And not lugging around giant suitcases) I was so glad we packed only carry-ons!
Where have you gone only packing a carry-on? Did you regret it? Or was it just the right amount of gear? Tell us in the comments!
Thanks so much for reading!
READ MORE TRAVEL TIPS
READ MORE PACKING LISTS
Want to find the best places in the PNW?
Stop searching through internet noise and download our curated list just for you.
Enter your email below and we'll send you your PNW Bucket List!